Monday, December 06, 2010

Stamps Removed from Registered Letter - A Pos Malaysia Complaint (Nov'10)


Last month, I received a Registered letter from Thailand which I feel very disappointed. At least 5 to 6 stamps were removed illegally from the letter during the transit from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur. I immediately lodge an online complaint to Pos Malaysia, seeking for a satisfaction clarification on what is the caused of this unfortunate incidents and who is the culprit behind this. Well, this is a big thing for a philatelist who always treasure stamps and covers and wanted to make sure this will not happen again.

I know there is nothing much I can do and no compensation since the inside contents is not tampered or damaged. At least this complaint will raise alert and awareness to the postal authority to trace and identify the problems and caused.

To my surprise, Pos Malaysia responded to me via a call within 3 working days although the auto responded email said it will response within 7 days. To summarize the flow, the online complain was received by HQ, routed to the district post processing center, in this case is Puchong. The Manager and Assistant Manager received a copy of my complaint and my scan image (above) via fax. 

After the investigation, the Assistant Manager called me to apologize this matter happen to me, he explained to me the trace of this letter starting from Bangkok, entering to Malaysia, until the postman delivered to my home address. There were many people in between handling it and they couldn't find who is the culprit. He also personally questioned the postman and gave briefing to all the staffs on always taking care of customer's letters. The postman even dropped by my house to explain the situation (that is the second surprise). Although is a small complaint, but I am happy with the response and seriousness of Pos Malaysia acting and responding to their customer.  

I accepted the apology and agreed to close this case. If you have similar problems or need to lodge a complaint, you can go to:


No comments:

Post a Comment