Sunday, January 04, 2009

Stamps in box, remember the old day ...


































While cleaning up my room for the coming Chinese New Year, I found a jigsaw puzzel box stored all my postally used stamps that I gathered from friends and cut from enveloped many years ago. When I open the box, I see lots of tiny, miniature, beautifully and colourful stamps. The stamps in this small little box bring back lot of sentimental memories. It is like you found a treasure somewhere in your room.

I like to collect stamps on paper (kiloware), each stamp gone through it printed postal value for dispatching letters and the small little postmark indicates the city and date the letter was mailed. All these make this little stamp a masterpiece. 

Although it is not in a complete set or in mint condition, but it is worth collecting. It takes time to make the little box full of stamps, but I enjoy the process of collecting stamps at this pace. If you use money to buy the stamps, it is not fun and you will not treat it like treasure.

Till next time.
Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment